Power of Work Awards
16th Annual Power of Work Awards - Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania will celebrate the annual Power of Work Awards at the Omni William Penn Hotel, Grand Ballroom. Employers will be recognized for their efforts to offer workforce development to those with special needs. Selected from over 100 nominations, this winners of this year's Power of Work Awards are Most Wanted Fine Art, Peoples Natural Gas, Trade Institute of Pittsburgh and UPMC.
The goals of the Power of Work Awards are to:
- Recognize innovative efforts by employers to offer the power of work - self-esteem and self-sufficiency - to individuals with special needs and other barriers to employment.
- To encourage all employers to emulate the actions and achievements of the winners.
Winners will be selected based on the judges’ evaluation of the nominees’ efforts in support of workforce development and in creating enhanced opportunities for people with barriers to employment, including individuals in such non-traditional populations as:
• People with physical and/or mental disabilities
• Displaced workers
• Participants in welfare-to-work programs
• People who are homeless
• People with limited work experience
• People with limited education/training
• Older and younger workers
• Workers with criminal backgrounds
An independent panel of judges comprised of human service and human resources professionals, civic leaders, and members of the academic community selected the recipients of the 2012 Power of Work Awards from over 100 nominations.
The 2012 Power of Work Awards competition is open to all employers - businesses, public entities, and nonprofit organizations - in the Western Pennsylvania counties of Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Washington, and Westmoreland. Previous winners of the Power of Work Awards are eligible to be nominated based on new workforce development programs.
If you are interested in sponsoring or attending the 2012 Power of Work Awards, please contact Kristen Furlong at 412-632-1934 or email@example.com.