What are Goodwill's Job Training Programs?
Goodwill’s Job Training Programs provide vocational assistance, job training, job search assistance and job placement services.
Participants will learn the skills they need to placed in a job in the community:
- Food Service
- Materials Handling
- Many More!
How do the Job Training Programs work?
Programs take place Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, from 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Opportunities for assessment and training are on-going and year-round.
What are the benefits of Goodwill's Job Training Programs?
Community and Facility Based Assessments
- Comprehensive career assessments that identify participants work interests, abilities and preferences.
- Community based assessments vary in duration and are set up with a community employer.
- Vocational assessments provide the participant with a better understanding of their learning style and a starting point from which they can make further career decisions.
Case Management Services
- Each participant is assisted by a case manager who will guide them through services as needed.
- Facility and community based job training opportunities are available in food service, janitorial/housekeeping, retail, recycling and more.
Community Based Supported Employment
- Services are provided to participants in community employment work sites. Job finding and job support are a part of this service.
Job Search Assistance & Job Readiness Training
- Resume development, interview practice and one-on-one job counseling and placement assistance are included in job training services.
- Specialized job readiness training for targeted populations including those with Autism, those who are deaf or hard of hearing, and more.
- One-on-one job support is provided at the employer site on an as-needed basis.
- 20% discount at Goodwill SWPA Stores.
- Access to the latest up to date Job Skills Preparation materials.
- Work with trainers who have experience in the industry.
- FREE parking / on bus lines: 91 and 93
Who is eligible for Goodwill’s job training programs?
Goodwill’s job training programs are open to individuals with barriers to employment who are looking to build their skills in order to obtain competitive employment.
Please inquire about funding available through local funding sources such as the Office of Rehabilitation (OVR) or the Allegheny County Office of Developmental Programing, other funding options, as well as self-pay options.
Who to contact: