What is a Community Based Assessment (CBA)?
A community based assessment is a service that Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania offers in order to measure an individual’s ability and readiness to enter the job market. Assessments are brief with a defined time and purpose. As an employer, you will be helping a Goodwill participant gain practical experience and confidence.
What should I know about hosting a CBA?
- This is the first work experience for many of the participants.
- All participants are covered by Goodwill’s liability insurance.
- All participants will have one-to-one observation by a Goodwill staff member.
- You are never obligated to offer employment, unless you want to.
- A typical CBA is 16-24 hours scheduled over the course of up to four days.
- There is no cost to you to host a CBA.
What are the benefits of hosting a CBA?
- Participants can help with daily activities, reducing overall task loads for your staff.
- Successful and interested participants may be able to fill your labor needs once the CBA is complete.
- This is an opportunity for your business to support local workforce development by hosting a participant who is trying to become work ready.
What other things should my business expect?
- CBAs are appointment-based and are scheduled based on your business operations and the availability of the participant and evaluator.
- If you agree to host a CBA, a Goodwill evaluator or staff will reach out to you to schedule.
- One of your employees should be available to demonstrate how tasks should be completed.
Interested in learning more?
Goodwill's Welcome Center