Use your time and talent to help adults achieve their educational and career goals!
- Improve reading comprehension
- Improve math skills
- Prepare for the GED® or HiSet tests
- Learn English as a second language
- Improve self-confidence
Be a Classroom Assistant!
Goodwill needs classroom assistants, who work with small groups and an instructor in a classroom setting.
Classroom Assistants must meet the following requirements:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to pass background check (Act 33/34 clearances)
- Minimum of three hours per week
- One semester (or six month) commitment
Sites have morning, afternoon and evening times. Please contact us for details.
- Forest Hills
- North Side
- Natrona Heights
Benefits of becoming a volunteer
- Working with instructors who genuinely care about the progress of each student
- Opportunity to implement various teaching/learning techniques
- Access to the latest up-to-date educational materials
- Chance to explore career opportunities in Adult Education
- Volunteering looks great on a resume
- 25% discount at Goodwill SWPA retail stores
- Access to free parking at some locations
Who to contact: