Use your time and talent to help adults achieve their educational and career goals from the comfort of your own home.
What will I be doing?
Help an adult in your community:
- Improve reading comprehension
- Improve math skills
- Prepare for the GED® or HiSet tests
- Learn English as a second language
- Improve self-confidence
What are the requirements?
- Internet Access
- Working toward a Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to pass background check (Act 33/44 clearances)
- Minimum of three hours per week
- One semester (or six month) commitment
Where and when can I volunteer?
Classes are held on Zoom, Monday-Thursday in two-hour blocks between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Benefits of becoming a volunteer at Goodwill
- Working with instructors who genuinely care about the progress of each student
- The opportunity to implement various teaching/learning
- Access to up-to-date educational materials
- The chance to explore career
- opportunities in adult education
- Volunteering looks great on a resume
- 25% discount at Goodwill SWPA retail stores
Interested in learning more?
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.