Become a host site for local young adults!
The Learn and Earn Corporate Internship Program provides Allegheny County and City of Pittsburgh young adults ages 18-21 with a six-week, paid professional internship at top corporations in the region. Youth spend 20 hours per week and a maximum of 120 hours for six weeks in a corporate placement and attend a 3-hour professional development seminar each Friday (hosted by Goodwill). They are mentored by corporate leaders and nonprofit partners to help develop work skills and career interests. The program runs June 25- August 3, 2018.
What should I know about hosting students?
Candidates are selected into the internship with participating employers on the basis of past work experience, leadership, and career goals. Our staff pre-screens all candidates, arranges interviews, provides ongoing training and support, and processes paperwork and payroll. If you have the work, we have the talent.
Goodwill provides these supports to businesses who host students:
- Liability insurance coverage through Goodwill.
- A Goodwill staff member who will be a resource for you and the Intern.
How can this help my business?
- Host an intern: Corporate intern hosts contribute $2,500 per intern for the intern’s wages and programmatic supports. Hosts also serve as a worksite, providing meaningful work, mentorship, and supervision to the intern.
- Sponsor an internship: Internship sponsors contribute $2,500 per intern so that a young adult can have meaningful work at a local nonprofit organization or community partner.
How do I know if the Learn and Earn Corporate Internship Program is a good fit for my company?
- Is your company seeking to attract diverse talent?
- Are you interested in closing the skills gap in our region?
- Is your team excited to mentor and learn from young people?
Learn more! Contact:
Tiffanee Heywood, Assistant Director, YouthWorks