What is Goodwill's Basic Computer Course?
Goodwill’s free Basic Computer Course is for people who want to learn how to use a computer. This seven-week course will help you conquer your computer fears as you learn how to use email, search the internet, and use Microsoft Office programs like Word and Excel.
Students will learn how to:
- Type at a basic level
- Create and save documents and folders
- Set up e-mail accounts
- Search the internet
- Create a basic flyer or letter
When are classes held?
The course is seven weeks long and classes are held on Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Goodwill’s Workforce Development Center in Lawrenceville at 118 52nd Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201.
What are the benefits of Goodwill’s Basic Computer Course?
- 25% discount at Goodwill Stores.
- Small classes with other students on a similar level.
- Our students may qualify for case management, job search help and many other services.
- FREE parking / on bus line.
- Earn a digital badge. Click here for mroe information on Digital Badging.
Who is eligible for Goodwill’s Basic Computer Course?
Anyone who is 18 years old or older and wants to learn how to use a computer is eligible for Goodwill’s Basic Computer Course. Registration required. No prerequisites.
To learn more, contact:
The Goodwill Welcome Center