Gain the skills needed to obtain your Pennsylvania Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL). Our FREE classes meet at CCAC's Boyce Campus. Stipends Paid Weekly!
The next class dates are:
- August 8th
- September 6th
This 8-week class prepares students to take the CDL Class A knowledge, skills, and road tests. The knowledge test covers general knowledge, combination vehicle, air brake, hazardous materials, tankers, and double-triples. The skills test requires performing a pre-trip inspection and various backing and parking maneuvers. The road test consists of driving a predetermined route.
The curriculum also covers:
- Department of Transportation (DOT) & Hours of Service regulations
- Map reading & trip planning
- Shifting techniques
- Industry terminology & career opportunities
Additional support and incentives:
- Transportation assistance
- Employment services
- Financial literacy
- Interviewing skills
- Follow up support
- Mentoring and leadership skills
- Out-of-school (GED or high school diploma not required)
- Ages 18-24 and living in Allegheny County
- Previous or current involvement with the criminal justice system
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Fully vaccinated (means an individual has completed a primary COVID-19 series of vaccine doses approved by the FDA or WHO)
Before taking the CDL Class A course, students must successfully complete the CDL Class A prerequisite course (Part 1) and also pass a DOT physical and drug screen.
Who To Contact
This project is supported by the Employment and Training Administration of the United States (U.S.) Department of Labor as part of a grant award to Goodwill Industries International in which Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania is a subgrantee to an award totaling $884,197 with 100 percent funded by ETA/DOL. The Federal award number is YF-35054-20-60-A-24. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by ETA/DOL.