What is the EARN and Work Ready Program?
EARN (Employment, Advancement and Retention Network) programs are located in McKeesport and in the North Side at Northside Common Ministries' location. Both sites offer a range of employment and training services to economically disadvantaged customers receiving SNAP and TANF benefits and who are eligible for EARN services.
The Work Ready program offers services similar to EARN and is offered to longer-term TANF recipients. Goodwill’s Work Ready program site is in McKeesport.
The McKeesport site is funded by Partner4Work. The Lawrenceville site is funded by the City of Pittsburgh, RESET programs. Both are ultimately funded by Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, Bureau of Employment Programs. All services may be offered in person, in the community and/or virtually.
How does EARN and Work Ready work?
Goodwill provides job search, vocational education (computer and limited preparatory skills), skills training, Case Management, Counseling, GED and other referral services. Allegheny County Assistance Offices determine eligibility for these programs. The goal of the program is to provide support to individuals and families that improve quality of life through counseling and case management, education and training, employment, career advancement, employment retention and various other services.
- Counseling, Case Management and referrals services
- Resume assistance and mock interviewing
- Targeted employer recruitment
- Direct connection with area hiring employers and businesses
- Career Services including
- Resume Clinic, Employer Expectations, Interviewing Skills, Life Skills
- Printer, fax, copy machine and telephone available
- Access to open interviewing opportunities
- Individualized job search planning
- Employment Specialist and Retention Support staff to assist with:
- Job search and career planning
- resume writing, cover letters, and interviewing skills
- designing and implementing a job search plan
- Employment Retention Supports and Career Advancement opportunities
- Community Service and paid work activity
- Mobile Retention options to provide case management in the field to working clients
- Skill credentialing, vocational education, GED classes (on-site and remote/virtual offerings)
What are the benefits of EARN?
- Various employment and job readiness supports
- Financial incentives
- Transportation assistance
- Driver’s Education assistance
- Both sites are centrally located for the Mon-Valley (McKeesport site) and City of Pittsburgh (North Side location)
Where is EARN and Work Ready located?
Allegheny County EARN and Work Ready programs are located in McKeesport PA at the Goodwill Employment and Training Center at 345 Fifth Avenue, McKeesport, PA 15132.
The City of Pittsburgh EARN Job Search program North Side site is located at Northside Common Ministries 1601 Brighton Road, Pittsburgh PA 15221.
Both programs operate during the primary hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Who is eligible for EARN?
To determine eligibility participants must apply for benefits with the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, County Assistance Offices. You may apply for various benefits by accessing the following URL: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/compass.web/Public/CMPHome and either applying using the COMPASS link, visiting an Allegheny County Assistance Office, or accessing an application for benefits.
Who to contact:
Phone: 412-673-5300 ext. 123
North Side Location:
Phone: : 412-632-1745