If you live in the City of Pittsburgh and are in need of rental, utility, or mortgage assistance, contact Allegheny Link for more information on the Housing Stabilization Program: 1-866-730-2368,

The Housing Stabilization Program (HSP) is a housing crisis intervention program that provides one-time or short term financial assistance to households who are facing a temporary, nonrecurring housing crisis.

One-time funding support includes:

1) Move-in assistance which may include:

  • First month’s rent
  • Last month’s rent
  • Security deposit
  • Utility deposits

2) Utilities in arrears

3) Rent in arrears

4) Mortgage payment (must not have an Act 91 notice)

5) Legal fees

Short-term funding support includes:

1) Rent subsidy, not to exceed three (3) months

2) Mortgage assistance, not to exceed six (6) months

3) Legal services throughout the eviction process

4) Legal fees related to court

Eligibility Requirements:

Apply for Assistance:

Contact Allegheny Link at 1-866-730-2368. 

Request to Work with Goodwill!

Once you’re approved by Allegheny Link, ask to work with Goodwill! Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania offers additional free support services including GED classes, computer classes, employment help, and much more. Contact Goodwill's Welcome Center at welcome@goodwillswpa.org.

« March 2023 »
No News.