If you live in the City of Pittsburgh and are in need of rental, utility, or mortgage assistance, contact United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania 2-1-1 for more information on the Housing Stabilization Program.
The Housing Stabilization Program (HSP) is a housing crisis intervention program that provides one-time or short term financial assistance to households who are facing a temporary, nonrecurring housing crisis.
One-time funding support includes:
1) Move-in assistance which may include:
- First month’s rent
- Last month’s rent
- Security deposit
- Utility deposits
2) Utilities in arrears
3) Rent in arrears
4) Mortgage payment (must not have an Act 91 notice)
5) Legal fees
Short-term funding support includes:
1) Rent subsidy, not to exceed three (3) months
2) Mortgage assistance, not to exceed six (6) months
3) Legal services throughout the eviction process
4) Legal fees related to court
- Must be a renter or homeowner
- Must live in the City of Pittsburgh
- Click here to see full income eligibility requirement.
Apply for Assistance:
Text your ZIP Code to United Way at 898-211.
- Dial 211 from your phone.
There is a chat window that is located in the bottom right corner of the screen of the website: http://pa211sw.org/
By form on United Way’s website:
Go to United Way’s webpage: http://pa211sw.org/. There is a link at the top of the page that says “About us.” Hover over it to view a list of options. Click on “contact us.” From there, you can fill out the form to gain access to a Repre-sentative for services.
Request to Work with Goodwill!
Once you’re approved by 2-1-1, ask to work with Goodwill! Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania offers additional free support services including GED classes, computer classes, employment help, and much more. Contact Clare Hann at 412-632-1932 or firstname.lastname@example.org.