What is Lawrenceville WORKS?
Lawrenceville WORKS! is a unique approach that aims to reduce unemployment in Lawrenceville by linking area residents to job-training and employment services.
How does Lawrenceville WORKS! work?
Eligible participants must be actively seeking employment. A service coordinator provides each participant with one-on-one job search assistance, which includes:
- Comprehensive goal planning
- Resume building
- Job leads
- Mock interviews and interview prep
- Online job search support
- Employment-oriented workshops
Lawrenceville WORKS! participants also have access to the following resources and support:
- Adult literacy instruction / High School equivalency classes
- Financial literacy
- English as a Second Language classes
- Goodwill Testing Center
- Basic computer classes and workshops
- Youth mentoring
- Internships at Goodwill
- Connection with additional local resources
Initial service is appointment-based and dependent on the individual’s schedule. The availability of additional services varies per service.
Who to contact:
Lawrenceville WORKS! is a nonprofit partnership between Lawrenceville United, Lawrenceville Corporation, Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania, UPMC Health Plan, Duquesne Light, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, and the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development.