The Allegheny County CARES Rent Relief Program (CRRP) provides rental assistance to households experiencing job loss or a substantial loss of income as a result of the COVID-19 health crisis. Allegheny County is partnering with the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) to jointly fund this program and expanding funding and benefits for county residents beyond the state-sponsored rent relief program.
Who can apply?
- Renters who have experienced job loss or a reduction in annual income due to COVID-19
- Landlords who have lost rental income because a renter has experienced job loss or a reduction in income due to COVID-19
How do you qualify?
- Renter must document at least a 30% reduction in income since March 1, 2020; OR
- Renter must have become unemployed (as verified by the PA Department of Labor and Industry)
- Renter’s household annual income may not exceed the Area Median Income in Allegheny County for their household size as indicated below:
What assistance is provided?
- Up to $1500/month per household in rental assistance
- Up to $200/month per household in County funding to cover additional household costs for gas, electric, and/or internet; late fees charged by the landlord and/or utility company; and/or court costs
- Payments will be made to the landlord on behalf of the renter for a maximum of six months of assistance between March and December
- Applications will be accepted through September 30, 2020
How can I apply?
Goodwill staff members are trained and ready to help you apply. Application assistance is available both virtually and in-person. Contact us today to get started: