Looking to start your HSE journey? Start by scheduling your TABE Placement test online! Use the link below.
STEP 1: Schedule a Time and Location For Your TABE Placement Test
- The Test of Adult Basic Education (or TABE) will help us place you in the best class and provide you with the best level of support.
- To schedule your test, click here. Select the place and time that is best for you.
Who can I call for help with scheduling my test? The Goodwill Welcome Center can help you schedule your test. Just call 1-877-499-3526.
Ok! I've scheduled my TABE test. Now what?
STEP 2: Take the TABE Placement Test
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early at your testing location. Once you’ve been checked in, you’ll answer a few brief questions and then take your TABE test.
- The TABE test takes about 3 hours, so be ready to stay at least that long.
Who can I call about my placement test? You can call a program facilitator at 412-689-7545.
STEP 3: Orientation and Class Start
- Your program facilitator will contact you within two weeks to schedule your class orientation. This will take place at your class site.
- Classes vary in time per location. Your program facilitator will help you to select the best class for you.
- Your instructor will help you know when you are ready to take each part of the High School Equivalency test that you choose (GED or HiSET).
Who can I call if I want to talk about my class start? You can call a program facilitator at 412-689-7545.
Last Step: Graduation and Beyond!
- We invite all of our graduates to take place in a cap and gown ceremony, where friends and family can come celebrate as certificates are presented.
- Goodwill offers many other services including a Career Services Center to help you reach your next goal.