Goodwill was founded in Boston in 1902 and has evolved into a large and diverse international organization that includes more than 200 autonomous, community-based agencies in the United States, Canada and other countries.
The first Goodwill workshop in Pittsburgh opened in the Strip District in 1919. After operating in several other locations and growing over the years, the agency moved in 1967 to the South Side, a building that once was the “company store” of J & L Steel Corporation. In 2010, Goodwill moved its Workforce Development Center to Lawrenceville!
View a Timeline History for Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania.