The Power of Work is an awards’ ceremony that recognizes the extraordinary efforts of southwestern Pennsylvania businesses that HIRE people with disabilities (or other barriers to employment) or HELP people by going the extra mile to offer work-related support and experiences.
The Power of Work Awards competition is open to all businesses in the western Pennsylvania counties of Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Washington, and Westmoreland. Winners will be selected based on the judges’ evaluation of the nominees’ efforts to HIRE or HELP people with disabilities or barriers to employment.
Power of Work Awards will be offered in two categories:
Some of the actions of a HIRE category nominee may include hiring people with barriers to employment; such as
- People with physical and/or intellectual disabilities
- Displaced workers
- People who are homeless
- People with limited work experience
- People with limited education/training
- Older and younger workers
- Workers with criminal backgrounds
- Making adjustments to their business to accommodate the specific needs of an employee
Some of the actions of a HELP category nominee may include:
- Going beyond their mission to help people overcome their personal challenges to successfully find and keep a job
- Hosting an intern or mentoring someone with limited work experience to help them become employable
Anyone can submit a nomination. Businesses are strongly encouraged to nominate themselves! Use the form below to nominate a business today. Nomination deadline is Friday, December 13, 2019.
Please note: answer fields will not expand as you type. It is recomended you type your answers in a word processing program and then copy and paste them into the fields below. Optional materials (supporting documentation for your nomination such as photos, letters of support, awards, certificates or newspaper articles) can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions? Please email Gabi Lloyd email@example.com.