Goodwill volunteers are a diverse group of dedicated people who contribute thousands of hours and generate substantial support for our programs and services. Our volunteers serve in a variety of roles – as tutors for students, as aides at social events for clients, as helpers at our senior center, and as office assistants. Goodwill Stores also use volunteers to assist shoppers, sort merchandise, organize store shelves, or take donations.
Volunteer as a Goodwill Classroom Assistant.
Help someone learn to write, understand math and acquire the skills to achieve their goals. Click here to learn more.
Volunteer during tax season.
Every tax season, the United Way and the Free Tax Prep Campaign train and mobilize community volunteers like you from all walks of life (students, professionals, retirees) to provide free, quality income-tax preparation assistance for low-income families. At Goodwill, we rely on volunteers like you to run our free tax prep services in Pittsburgh's North Side neighborhood. Click here to learn more.
Volunteer in our Retail Stores.
Goodwill partners with corporations and individuals in our communities to help volunteers meet their goals! At our stores, volunteers can help accept donations, sort items and work to keep the sales floor neat and organized. We’re looking for the following volunteers:
- Independent volunteers and those performing service projects or related community service
- High school and college students interested in completing hours for a school project
- Staff at local companies who are looking to complete a group volunteer project
Please note: Goodwill reserves all available job shadowing, work experience, and transitional employment opportunities within our operations for our own program participants. For more information about Goodwill’s job training programs click here.
What are the benefits of being a Goodwill volunteer?
- Making a positive change in someone’s life
- Helping someone overcome a barrier to employment
- Mentoring a local youth to become career focused and work-ready
- Adding your experience to your resume
Who to contact:
Gabi Lloyd, Development Specialist
Court-ordered volunteers only should contact: