What is HIRE Me?
HIRE Me is an in-school program that provides work-readiness training, career mentorship, service learning opportunities, and career exploration experiences. HIRE Me is also a direct pipeline for entry into our HIRE summer employment program, a capstone experience for YouthWorks’ participants, connecting them with quality internship and employment opportunities within corporate, government, and nonprofit organizations.
How does HIRE Me work?
Participants meet one day a week beginning in October through the end of May.
What are the benefits of HIRE Me?
Participants will gain lifelong skills through a combination of five critical areas of career development, including: work readiness training, career exploration, career mentoring, service learning and certification attainment.
HIRE Me sessions and workshop topics can include:
- Life skills: Developing and Maintaining Healthy Relationships
- Post-Secondary Education: College and Trade School Tours and Financial Aid and Scholarship Resources
- Entrepreneurship: Branding, Marketing, and Profit and Loss
Who is eligible for HIRE Me?
To be eligible for HIRE Me, youth must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 14 and 18 years old
- Commit to attending meetings once a week from October through May
Who to contact:
If you are interested in applying and your child meets the above criteria, please contact: