Are you between the ages 17 and 24? Do you want to start a career in retail but don’t have real world work experience? YouthWorks can help!
Our 12-week program prepares individuals for a job in retail, and participants who successfully complete the program are guaranteed employment at a Goodwill store in their community.
Develop the soft skills needed to keep a job.
The first two weeks of the program cover YouthWorks’ premier job readiness curriculum, JumpStart Success, which focuses on communication, resume writing, customer service, career goal setting, and more.
Gain real world work experience in a Goodwill store.
Participants spend ten weeks training in a Goodwill store, earning $10.75/hour while they train:
- Work 5 hours/day, 5 days/week (may include weekdays, evenings, and weekends)
- Experience every position in a Goodwill store, including cashiering and sales floor support, processing and pricing donations, and materials handling.
- Gain the skills necessary to be hired as a retail associate at Goodwill and start a career path to a team lead, an entry-level management job with benefits.
- Get the support you need to succeed.
Program staff will meet you at a location convenient to you and help you access the supports you need to succeed, such as:
- Transportation assistance
- Employment services
- Financial literacy
- Follow up and support for one year
- Out-of-school (GED or high school diploma not required)
- Age 17-24 and WIOA eligible
Questions? Contact 412-632-1742 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see if the program is a good fit for you, please fill out the form below.