Get the computer skills you need to get the job you want! Goodwill offers the following FREE trainings in a variety of in-demand technology topics.
Trainings are currently held through live webinars, but in-person appointments can be scheduled on an as-needed basis and are held at Goodwill’s Workforce Development Center in Lawrenceville at 118 52nd Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201. Recorded trainings are also available for viewing for individuals who prefer to work at their own pace.
Digital Tools Boot Camp:
This four-session recurring webinar series covers the basics of popular computer applications. Attendance at all four sessions is not required.
Learn about the different productivity applications provided by Microsoft Office and practice the basics of using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. If you do not have Microsoft Office on your computer, we will show you how to access Microsoft Office Online for free during our first session.
- Session 1 – Intro to Microsoft Office: Overview of popular Office applications and set up Microsoft Office Online.
- Session 2 – Microsoft Word Basics: Create and format a Word document.
- Session 3 – Microsoft Excel Basics: Use an Excel workbook to display information.
- Session 4 – Microsoft PowerPoint Basics: Create a PowerPoint presentation.
Explore some of the tools provided by the Google Apps platform, including Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Docs. If you do not have a Google account, we will show you how to create one in order to access the Google Apps platform during our first session.
- Session 1 – Intro to Google Apps: Overview of popular Google apps and Google account set-up.
- Session 2 – Gmail Basics: Learn the basic navigation and features using the Gmail email service.
- Session 3 – Google Drive Basics: Organize and share with cloud storage.
- Session 4 – Google Docs Basics: Create and format a Google document.
If you are comfortable with using the basics of Microsoft Office, we offer additional webinar classes at the intermediate and advanced levels for Word and Excel.
- Word Intermediate: Create tables, borders, footers/headers, text boxes, and more.
- Excel Intermediate: Discover formatting features to visually improve your spreadsheets.
- Word Advanced: Learn about mail merge for letters and envelopes, adding images, tracking changes, and more.
- Excel Advanced: Understand how functions and formulas can assist in analyzing and manipulating data.
Who to Contact:
1-877-499-3526 or firstname.lastname@example.org