Adult Basic Education (ABE) and General Equivalency Diploma (GED®)
Goodwill offers ABE and GED® preparation for adults include instruction in reading, writing, verbal communication, mathematics, history, and science. In addition, Goodwill now offers computer-based GED® testing services.
Goodwill's Private Licensed School -- Goodwill Employment Training Center -- offers diploma programs and computer certification classes.
- Administrative Office Skills Training
- Health Care Office Skills
- A variety of short-term computer classes
- 8 Week Basic Computer Skills Class - Learn basic computer skills including how to use email, the internet, write a letter and create a basic flyer.
- Professional Development Computer Classes - Help your employees develop and increase essential computer skills with Goodwill’s customized computer classes and workshops.
- Individual Computer Classes - On hold until Fall 2014 - Learn the computer skills you need for today’s job market.
Computer Certification Testing
Goodwill offers computer and retail certifications in our state-of-the-art computer testing center in Lawrencville.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
ESL classes are available for non-native English speakers.
This is a state-licensed program that provides students with the skills and knowledge required to pass the Pennsylvania driver's road test and to encourage safe driving.
Become a Literacy Tutor
13% of the adult population of Allegheny County (approximately 135,000 adults), cannot read, write or use basic math. Use your time and talent to help adults learn these skills and improve their quality of life.
For more information about Goodwill Education Programs
Call 412-632-1706 or Contact Us about Job Training or Education.
Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For more information, call 412-632-1809 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.