What is EARN?
EARN (Employment and Retention Network) sites are located in McKeesport and in Lawrenceville. Both sites offer a range of employment and training services to economically disadvantaged customers receiving TANF benefits and who are eligible for EARN services.
The McKeesport site is funded by Allegheny County Department of Human Services. The Lawrenceville site is funded by the City of Pittsburgh, RESET programs. Both are ultimately funded by Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, Bureau of Program Operations.
How does EARN work?
Goodwill provides job search, vocational education (computer and limited preparatory skills), GED and other referral services as applicable to individual eligibility determined by the local County Assistance Offices with the intention of employment within180 days of enrollment.
Job search activities, including:
- Resume assistance and mock interviewing
- Targeted employer recruitment
- Direct connection with area hiring employers and businesses
- Weekly Job Search Workshops
- Resume Clinic, Employer Expectations, and Life Skills
- Printer, fax, copy machine and telephone available
- Access to open interviewing opportunities
- Individualized job search planning
- Job Development staff to assist with:
- career planning
- resume writing, cover letters, and interviewing skills
- designing and implementing a job search plan
- maintaining employment
- Centralized Community Service activities to assist in job readiness
- Retention supports to assist with maintaining employment
- Mobile Retention options to provide case management in the field to working clients
- Onsite vocational education and GED classes
What are the benefits of EARN?
- Various employment and job readiness supports
- Financial incentives during the Retention phase of programming
- Transportation assistance during the Retention phase of programming
- Driver’s Education assistance
- Both sites are centrally located for the Mon-Valley (McKeesport site) and City of Pittsburgh (Lawrenceville site)
Where is EARN located?
The program is located in McKeesport PA at the Goodwill Employment and Training Center at 345 Fifth Avenue, McKeesport, PA 15132.
The Lawrenceville site is located at Goodwill's Workforce Development Center at 118 52nd Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201.
Both programs operate during the primary hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Who is eligible for EARN?
To determine eligibility participants must apply for benefits with the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, County Assistance Offices. You may apply for various benefits by accessing the following URL: http://www.dhs.pa.gov/applyforbenefits and either applying using the COMPASS link, visiting an Allegheny County Assistance Office, or accessing an application for benefits.
Who to contact:
Phone: 412-673-5300 ext. 123
Phone: : 412-632-1854 or 412-589-1178